Last updated: April 18, 2023
2. Who Collects Your Information On Our Website?
We collect information from you on the Website, including certain information that can identify, or reasonably identify, you as a person (“Personally Identifiable Information” or “PII”), and we are responsible for protecting the PII we collect and that is stored on our Website.
3. What Information Do We Collect?
Personally Identifiable Information. We may request specific PII about you in order to add you to our email list, facilitate your requests, or fulfill your requests for information. You may choose not to provide your PII, but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of the features of the Website. The types of PII we may collect and save include:
- Contact information such as name, address, email address, company name, and telephone number;
- Information you provide to us as feedback, comments or other messages; and
- Technical information which may include usage statistics, clickstream data, and IP address, as applicable.
We also automatically collect certain PII about you when you interact with our Website. For example, we may use website analytics tools on our Website to retrieve information from your browser, including the website you came from, the search engine and the keywords you used to find our Website, the pages you view within our Website, your browser add-ons, and your browser’s width and height. We may also use technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take on our Website. Additionally, we collect certain standard information that your browser sends to every website you visit, such as your IP address, browser type and language, access times and referring website addresses.
- Non-personal Information. Non-personal information is non-personally identifiable or anonymous information about you, including but not limited to technical information such as Website usage statistics, and the way you use the Website, and other anonymous information within clickstream data, which can be collected and stored on our server. We may use clickstream data as a form of non-personally identifiable information to determine how much time users spend on each area of our Website, how users navigate through the Website, and how we may tailor our Website to better meet the needs of users. To the extent that any non-personal information is paired or linked to any PII, we will treat the non-personal information as if it were also PII.
4. How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
We use the PII you provide for the purposes for which you have submitted it including:
- Providing our Services. We may use your PII as part of our provision of services to you.
- Responding To Your Inquiries and Fulfilling Your Requests. We may use your PII to respond to your inquiries and to fulfill your requests for information.
- To Operate and Improve our Website. We may use your PII to provide you with more effective services; make the Website or services easier to use; perform research and analysis aimed at improving our products, services, communications, and technologies; and displaying content that is customized to your interests and preferences.
We may also use aggregate or de-identified data that is not personally identifiable for any legally permissible purposes without restriction.
5. Do We Share Your Personally Identifiable Information?
In general, we will not share your PII except: (a) for the purposes for which you provided it; (b) with your consent, or as you direct; (c) as may be required by law or as we think necessary to protect our organization or others from injury (e.g., in response to a court order or subpoena, in response to a law enforcement agency request, or when we believe that someone is causing, or is about to cause, injury to or interference with the rights or property of another); or (d) on a confidential basis with persons or organizations with whom we contract to carry out internal operations, which may include for example, analytical services, or as necessary to provide you with access to the Website. With your knowledge and consent, we may share your PII with our business partners, such as our marketing partners. We may also share aggregate information with others, including affiliated and non-affiliated organizations.
Finally, we may transfer your PII to a third party, or our successor-in-interest, in relation to, or in the event of, a merger, acquisition, sale of all or substantially all of our assets, reorganization, bankruptcy, or other change of control. After such disclosure or transfer, the third party or successor in interest may use the information in accordance with applicable law.
We may also disclose to third parties aggregate or de-identified data that is not personally identifiable for any legally permissible purposes without restriction.
6. Your Choices
7. How Do We Store and Protect Your Information?
- We have physical, technical, and administrative procedures in place to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or data storage solution can ever be completely secure. As a result, although we take industry-standard steps to protect your information (e.g., strong encryption), we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or receive from us or that we store on our or our service providers’ systems.
- If you are accessing the Website from outside of the USA, you understand that your connection will be through and to servers located in the USA, and the information you provide will be stored in our web servers and internal systems located within the USA.
- Your PII is stored until we are required to remove it or choose to remove it. We store our logs and other technical records in accordance with internal practices and policies, and potentially indefinitely.
8. Children and Privacy
Our Website is not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect information pertaining to children under 13 years old. However, it is possible that by fraud or deception by others we may receive information pertaining to a minor under the age of 13. If we become aware that this has occurred, we will remove his or her PII from our files. If you are the parent or guardian of a person under the age of 13 who has provided PII to us without your approval, please inform us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove such information from our database.
9. California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of California, you may be entitled to certain rights with respect to your PII. Specifically, you may have the following rights:
- You may have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your PII over the past 12 months.
- You may have the right to request that we delete any of your PII that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions.
- You may have the right to object to certain uses and disclosures of your PII and sensitive PII.
- If you are age 16 or older, you may have the right to direct us to not sell your PII at any time.
- You may have the right to correct or amend the PII we maintain about you.
- You may have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of the above rights granted to you by California law.
Please contact us if you would like more information.
10. Contact Information